A chronicle of the meanderings, false starts (which in retrospect, while sort of embarrassing turned out to be highly instructive), epiphanies, selective apathy (still evolving), wild mood swings, opinions (subject to frequent change), and life lessons of an inveterate dabbler (and her latest dabblings).

Saturday, July 2, 2011

A Small Explosion

I had a little accident today. I just couldn't hold it. I was idly fondling my beads, wondering what to do with the day, when a sneeze caught me off guard and the next thing I knew there were EARRINGS EVERYWHERE!! Instead of cleaning up the mess, I photographed it. See below.

Denim lapis, crazy agate (I think), and amber with antiqued copper.
Blue Jeans with Whiskey AND Kahlua and Cream
Czech mirror glass with antiqued copper.
 Ice Blue Earrings
Raku lampwork in mustard by Kelley Wenzel, with charoite and amethyst.
"I say, do you have any Grey Poupon? Or boysenberry jam?"
More lampwork by Kelley Wenzel--called "Lily Pad." Aren't they gorgeous? With turquoise lampwork spacers by Meital.
Lily Pads
Big microfaceted opalite roundels with tiny opalite roundels and antiqued copper. I got this long graduated strand of giant opalite from a seller in China or Hong Kong or somewhere. Very pleased! A mix of commercial beadcaps, and some I did with brass texture sheets and a hammer. Worked really nicely.
Like skim milk with the sun shining through it. (Pretty, but milk should not be transparent.)
 Lastly, Czech glass again, druk this time with a "lumi" finish--I love these beads. More textured beadcaps.
Magic Icy Orbs
Well, that's all I got. I think I'm going to WalMart tomorrow. I'm going to try to get there before the scooters come. God help me.

11 comments:

  1. Gesundheit!
    Lovely selection of earrings...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geeze Keirsten nothing personal but you need to sneeze more often! Love them all and those bead caps are so pretty. AND I love yoru earwires, I really keep meaning to go there but I just never quite do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely lovely earrings! This is the best explosion. I LOVE the icy magic orbs, but every piece is a winner gal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! At least they were already made into earrings and not just beads that got shot all over everything!

    And of course, they're gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the textured bead caps, been meaning to try that. Watch out for the scooters!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those textured bead caps and the Lily Pads are gorgeous. You surely know how to sneeze!

    Ambra

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. Your sneezes pack a powerful punch! Love them all! I would wear every single one of these. Enjoy the day!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great earrings as always! I was actually waiting for an actual photo with earrings everywhere!! I was thinking that must have been some sneeze!! lol
    Always a pleasure stopping by!!

    ReplyDelete